ROCKY

Rocky(2/2)
After having my order, I sat there for half an hour, waiting for that Rocky to show up. That's when I approached madam. Doesn't take a genius to take a hint. I asked if he'd fallen sick, or something. Madam shook her head, and sat down on her chair, sighing heavily. She recounted the events that had occurred 2 weeks ago: that there was an accident during the closing time when she and rocky were returning home, when a guy on his motorbike came speeding, knocking her aside (resulting in bruises), while running over rocky. A hit and run classic. Rocky was a bloody mess. He died while he was being rushed to a veterinary. That asshole took away rocky from us, and equally Scot-free. Police actually dismissed the case, saying they had far more important cases to look after, than a hit and run against a dog. The cctv footage was too grainy to identify the culprit, and they had no leads.
While all this conversation was going on, there was this particularly ill tempered customer, that was going off saying stuff like "Can you hurry up, it's just a dog, buy a new one... etc". That guy got into my nerves but seeing as he was a new customer, I don't blame his ignorance. When someone has lost a pet, don't be that douche bag that says "It's just a pet, get a new one and get over it". It's insulting to hear that, it's like being told to get a new family member over eBay if you lose yours.
Rocky, for me, was equivalent to a brother. He was there to celebrate good times, while he was there unknowingly solving my woes by simply listening to them. He'll be missed dearly, by all the friends he made, the customers of the pastry shop, and the locals. I was devastated by the news. I must remark that only twice in my life have I really cried with uncontrolled tears streaking out of my eyes, and hearing that rocky died, I spent an hour in the restroom, sobbing. I died over a dog like a fucking baby. Was he really a dog, an indulgence for me? I'm going to have to say no. I loved that dog. He was like a brother to me. Mostly because I've opened up to him a lot, and had a great emotional attachment to him. Goes without saying he took it all to his grave, not uttering it to a single soul. Does this limbo called afterlife exist? I hope so, because what I wouldn't give up for taking a stroll down the pavement with him. That dog taught me that innocence and humility aren't a lost cause, not yet. He taught me to always be nice to the world, before expecting love and admiration from it. I'm a big no-no when it comes to whipping out my phone and snapping pictures all day long, but even I felt like a dumb guy when I don't have a memento of him. All I got as a reminder of him is the mark on my middle finger. I miss him badly.
*continued from Rocky(1/2)* https://www.facebook.com/storyofhappiness/posts/1309390605796447:0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iPill - A Story

The 9 Exact Things Women Want Men To Do In Bed

When She Reject Proposal